Scoreboard HK (part3): what we remember lives!
'YELLOWS' (HK PROTESTERS + INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCE) = 7
'BLUES' (CCP + HK ELITES) = 4
*Disclosure: The Scorekeepers Y & Z unashamedly are biased HK protesters!
We are highlighting some of what happened in HK in 2020 that WTPOHK remembers as being 'significant' to us: we have choosen not to rank them.
Please remember what sticks out in your heart and mind so that collectively these memories continue to live for HK people, protesters and supporters worldwide.
1. CCP's SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes COVID-19: the paradigm shift: mass public protests outlawed by 'social gathering' regulations; CCP and HK government failures and lies; CCP has lost control in China; totalitarian HK under Chief Executioner (CE) Carrie Lam's lost control in HK of COVID-19
Masked protest in May 2020 (Causeway Bay, Wan Chai) after the impending National Security Law was announced.
2. Post - November 2019 District Council loss CCP lost all options to extend its lie of 'one country, two systems' so CCP annexed HK: illegal 'national security law': under cover of COVID-19; unacceptable political oppression includes imprisonment of HK youths Agnes Chow, Ivan Lam and Joshua Wong as category A criminals!
Pro-democracy activists (L-R) Agnes Chow, Ivan Lam and Joshua Wong arrive for their trial at West Kowloon Magistrates Court in Hong Kong on November 23, 2020, on unauthorised assembly charges in relation to protests in 2019. Credit: Peter PARKS / AFP
3. 12 HK youths kidnapped at sea: hostage taking; zero HK government support other than kidnapping!
Late December 2020, 10 of 12 Hong Kong activists charged with crossing the border when they tried to flee to Taiwan were sentenced to prison terms. Photo by Jerome Favre/EPA-EFE
4. Jimmy Lai and Apple Daily: hostage taking; speech, press, media and religious freedoms quashed
5. HK's judiciary loses public support: HK has no rule OF law only CCP's rule BY law
Hong Kong protesters wearing masks in January 2020 after the outbreak of a mysterious SARS-like respiratory illness. (Photo: NY Times, Lam Yik Fei)
6. EDB's wholesale destruction of HK youth's minds, hearts and souls; HK's future departs HK
To start 2020, Hong Kong people participated in their annual New Year’s Day pro-democracy march (Vincent Yu/AP)
7. Totalitarian HK under Chief Executioner (CE) Carrie Lam's under COVID-19 cover delayed Legislative Council elections; democracy and human rights halted by removal of 4 lawmakers resulted in all pro-democratic lawmakers resigning; stealing from the Public Purse
12 November 2020: The Hong Kong government said it was disqualifying the four legislators — Alvin Yeung, Dennis Kwok, Kwok Ka-ki and Kenneth Leung after China's National People’s Congress Standing Committee passed a resolution saying that any lawmaker who supports Hong Kong's independence, refuses to acknowledge China’s sovereignty over the city, threatens national security, or asks external forces to interfere in the city’s affairs should be disqualified
8. Success of HK protests: CCP unmasked for the world to see and global pushback
A pro-democracy demonstrators holds a banner during a rally at Causeway Bay, Monday, 6 January, 2020. The slogan displayed became illegal when the National Security Law came into effect on 1 July 2020. (AP Photo/Andy Wong)
9. Police brutality; China and HK's Chinese feudal plutocracy hits back at natural social progress just like it did in Tiananmen in 1989
A demonstrator gives a hand signal — meaning “five demands, not one less,” one of the Hong Kong protesters’ main slogans — amid a sea of marchers in the Causeway Bay district on New Year's Day. Photograph: by Lam Yik Fei