China's CCP must be investigated and held accountable for its crimes against humanity and genocide
Updated: Mar 5
The world is increasingly learning about the full extent of serious accusations against the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), and of its alleged crimes against humanity including genocide.
It is the duty of all members of the United Nations to fully support all investigations and to hold accountable those responsible. This includes current W.H.O. investigations into the origin of novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes COVID-19.
China Tribunal in 2019 determined that organ harvesting has for decades been undertaken by the CCP including against Falun Gong practitioners and Muslim minorities in Xinjiang, China. The China Tribunal stated that international political pressure was at that time insufficient to hold CCP accountable.
. . . + + + . . .
In 2020 the world suffered from CCP's sourcing and spreading of novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes COVID-19 which today, 27 February 2021, has infected 114,058,374 and caused the death of 2,531,004 people.
People of the democratic world, especially Europe and USA, are very angry at CCP for COVID-19 : because of the needless death and destruction, and also because of their own government's failure to so far hold CCP accountable for anything! The peoples' global anger is being expressed by democratic politicians worldwide against China's totalitarian CCP for its numerous sociopathic acts since it was formed in 1949.
Recent action by the international democratic alliance lead by USA against CCP includes:
+ 19 January 2021 US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced CCP has been committing 'genocide' against Muslim minorities in Xinjiang, China
China's CCP has breached Hong Kong's (HK) Joint Declaration where it has committed crimes against humanity including genocide against HK protesters. HK protesters support the peaceful protests of the peoples of Tibet, Mongolia, Xinjiang and others against the CCP.
CCP please answer the following UN letters sent to you:
UN Rights Chief Says Abuses in Xinjiang Must be ‘Independently Assessed’
RFA 26 February 2021 (format added)
The United Nations lead official for human rights called on Friday for a full and independent investigation of human rights abuses in northwest China’s Xinjiang region, where reports say over a million Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities have been held in a vast network of internment camps since 2017.
Speaking to the Geneva-based U.N. Human Rights Council, U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet said her office has been working with China without success for over two years to find “mutually agreeable parameters” for a visit to China.
“In the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region [XUAR], information that is in the public domain indicates the need for independent and comprehensive assessment of the human rights situation,” Bachelet said on Friday.
Bachelet added that her office is investigating reports of widespread abuses—including arbitrary detention and sexual violence—in the camps, which have been described by China as vocational training centers, though reporting by RFA’s Uyghur Service and other media outlets shows that detainees are mostly held against their will in crowded and unsanitary conditions.
Reports indicate that the camps, in which detainees are subjected to political indoctrination by Chinese officials and guards, are used by China as punishment for signs of “extremism,” which authorities say include practicing basic forms of Islam, adhering to cultural traditions, and violating strict family-planning policies.
Speaking to RFA, Dolkun Isa—president of the Germany-based exile World Uyghur Congress—welcomed Bachelet’s call on Friday for an investigation into Chinese rights abuses in Xinjiang.
“And we encourage High Commissioner Bachelet to visit East Turkestan to assess China’s Uyghur genocide with unfettered access,” Isa said, referring to Xinjiang by the name preferred by many Uyghurs for their historic homeland.
Bachelet should be cautious, though, “and refuse any preconditions placed by China on her visit should it materialize, because China will manipulate her visit in order to deny the reality of the Uyghur genocide,” Isa said.
Findings of genocide
The Dutch House of Representatives voted on Thursday to recognize China’s abuses in the XUAR as genocide, becoming the first parliament in Europe to do so as pressure mounts on Western leaders to boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
The move followed a similar resolution passed by Canada’s House of Commons last week and an official designation by the U.S. of the situation in the region as genocide in January.
“It is now imperative that the U.N. prioritize this 21st century genocide at the highest level and seriously address it at the U.N. Human Rights Council and U.N. Security Council,” Isa said.
“It’s simply not enough to raise [this issue] once a year at the Human Rights Council and repeatedly accept China’s ill-intentioned and hollow invitation to visit East Turkestan.”
“If ‘Never Again’ means anything to the U.N., U.N. General Secretary Gutierrez should publicly denounce China’s genocide of the Uyghur people and take the lead to stop this 21st century genocide,” Isa said.
“Or the U.N. will be seen in the future as complicit for having taken no meaningful action to stop China’s genocide of the Uyghur people.”
Reported and translated by Alim Seytoff for RFA’s Uyghur Service. Written in English by Richard Finney.
Please read our related blogs: